Shallow high-grade copper intersected in MCB-036
- New section of shallow high grade copper intersected from diamond drill hole MCB-036.
- Total intersection of 670.7m @ 0.43% copper and 0.12g/t gold from 19m down hole.
- Including internal shallow higher grade intervals of:
- 122.2m @ 0.92% copper and 0.24g/t gold from 26.5m and,
- 13m @ 3.69% copper and 0.39g/t gold from 89m
- Copper mineralization starts at surface and is now confirmed to extend to depths of over 700m below surface.
- New shallow higher grade sections of copper-gold mineralisation to be followed up in a modified extension to the drilling program at MCB.
Celsius Resources Limited (ASX:CLA) is pleased to announce its Philippine subsidiary Makilala Mining Company, Inc. (“MMCI”) has received high-grade copper-gold assay results from the Company’s third drill hole, which was recently completed at the MCB Copper-Gold Project, located on the island of Luzon in the Philippines.
Hole MCB-036 has identified a previously unrecognised shallow high grade zone within the MCB deposit. The drill hole was targeted to test the depth extent of the deposit and confirmed the presence of copper mineralisation to over 700m below the surface, highlighting further the scale of the porphyry copper mineralisation at MCB.
“We have had to persevere with this drill hole due to both COVID related and technical difficulties on site. However, the resulting discovery of previously unrecognised shallow high grade copper has delivered an opportunity to further enhance the future studies at MCB. ”
“We have now modified the next set of drill holes to focus effort around this additional shallow high grade copper-gold mineralisation as it will clearly have a positive impact on potential future production options as we move from the Scoping Study into the next phase of Trade-Off Studies”, said Celsius’ Chairman Martin Buckingham.
To read more, click here.
Leave a Comment