Celsius starts drilling at Sagay copper-gold project
- Celsius Resources’ subsidiary Tambuli Mining has commenced drilling at its Sagay Copper-
Gold Project located on the island of Negros in the Philippines.
- Drilling contractor has been appointed for 7 diamond drill holes totalling approximately
- The current exploration program is planned for three broad priority targets and upon
completion, should facilitate the declaration of a maiden JORC Mineral Resource Estimate.
- Private landowners are supportive of the drilling program, with land access agreements
- Planning for the implementation of the mandatory Environmental and Community
Development Programs is well underway.
Celsius Resources is pleased to announce its Philippine subsidiary, Tambuli Mining Company, Inc. (“TMCI”) has commenced drilling operations in the Sagay Copper-Gold Project located in Sagay City, in the province of Negros Occidental, Negros Island, Philippines, in accordance with its approved Exploration Permit Extension (EP) No. 000003-VI for the Sagay Copper Gold Project.
“The commencement of drilling at Sagay is another milestone in the progression of both CLA and our local subsidiary companies, in an effort to create wealth for both shareholders and the Philippine Government, along with creating employment and business opportunities for the local communities, especially during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Celsius’ Chairman Martin Buckingham.
“Our gratitude goes out to the concerned Local Government Units who have been very supportive of the drilling work program and are looking to the Company to deliver thorough, systematic exploration, which could lead to the development of the project into a responsible mining operation.”
To read more, please click here